Present Perfect simple
We use conjugate have in the present sinple (Have, Has) and we turn the verbe into Past Participe.
- Afirmative form
Rule : S + Have/Has + Past Participe + C.
Eg : I have studied abroad
- He has seen a lyena
- Interrogative form
Rule : Have/Has + S + Past Participe + C + ?
Eg : - Have you been to school ?
- Has she cooked well ?
- Negative form
Rule : S + Have/Has + not + Past Participe + C.
S + Haven't/Hasn't + not + Past Participe + C.
Eg : - We have not had food
- Sita has not washed her uniform.
- Girls haven't cleaned he yard.
- He hasn't given me money.
- Interronegative form
Rule : Have/Has + S + not + Past Participe + C + ?
Haven't/Hasn't + S + Past Participe + C + ?
Eg : - Have you not done a task ?
- Has Ali not asked a question ?
- Haven't they planted trees ?
- Hasn't he brought vegetables ?
We use the present perfect to :
- Express a vague past
Eg : - We have done a test.
- He has lived in Bobo-Dioulasso.
- Express a recent past.
Eg : - I have seen hum this morning.
- It have rained to day.
- Ali has just gone away.
- Express a link between the past and the present ( use of Since / For).
Eg : - he has been in class since 7o'clock.
- They have learnt English for several years.